Every other year, we prepare a very special annual fundraising letter campaign that greatly impacts women in our community. This powerful movement has drastically changed lives for over 20 years and I’m hoping you’ll be part of this year’s critical efforts.
With your contribution, you are part of a group of women who silently make a real difference, day after day, right here among our friends, neighbors and families. We are being called to assist more and more women every month. The need for this particular service is great. In 2018, nearly 1 in 5 of the Samaritan Center sessions was supported by assistance from this Silent Samaritan Fund … also known as the Women-Helping-Women Fund.
A Women-Helping-Women Samaritan is…
- A compassionate local woman who wants to help other local humans quietly;
- Someone who trusts that her thoughtful deed positively impacts other lives immediately;
- She gives for all the right reasons and expects very little, if anything, directly in return;
- She sees the “bigger picture” in our community; and
- She is a powerful change-agent right here, right now.
She is our Samaritan.
- $100 - offsets approximately two (2) therapeutic sessions with one of our clinical psychologists/therapists. Every client has a vested interest in her own care and wellness.With the need-based assistance you will help provide, she will pay as low as $20 for one 45-minute session instead of the $120 standard fee.
- $300 - offsets 10 group sessions dealing with eating disorders.Almost 90% of people with anorexia nervosa or bulimia and 65% with a binge eating disorder are women.
- $500 - offsets nearly 10 sessions to treat PTSD.Women are twice as likely to experience PTSD compared to men.
- $1000 – will help multiple women get access to multiple sessions.About 1 in 3 women have experienced sexual violence, physical violence, and/or stalking by an intimate partner in their lifetime.
Will you help us continue to change lives here in our community with a donation of $100 or more today?